Over the past several weeks our family has been on a retro movie kick. I figured if they were good enough for me, by golly, they are good enough for them. So we have made it our Saturday night event--take our dinner to the "movie room", prop up TV trays, squeeze four rear-ends (thank goodness the girls have small ones) into a love seat, try to eat our dinner without calamaty, fend off the sharks...I mean dogs, and put in a movie from my childhood. And believe it or not even through the pending disaster, it has been pretty fun. Our selections have been Mary Poppins, Wizard of Oz, and Pete's Dragon. Although Keith is less than thrilled about the actual movie selections, the evenings have been great. Some nice bonding, an appreciation of the classics, and building of a tradition. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday night.
Be forewarned though, this infusion of musicals has had some side effects. The girls now sing most of their dialogue. "Mommy, can I have a Pop-Tart today, a Pop-Tart today, a Pop-Tart today. Mommy can I have a Pop-Tart today...in the most delightful way."
No comments:
Post a Comment