Thursday, December 2, 2010

THAT MOM...014

THAT MOM on CHRISTMAS SHOPPING...PART ONE

THIS MOM is still the same person with or without kids (just usually when the children are around I can blame the mania on them). Today I had an opportunity to partake in the very rare...almost mythical...occurance of A DAY OF SHOPPING WITHOUT CHILDREN (GASP). I know, it is hard to imagine such a thing, but I am proof that it does indeed exist. Thank you to my very sweet and gracious mother who stepped in an performed all the normal tasks plus the added bonus of attending to the plumbing issues that arose this morning.

On my first stop, I thought that I would just run in and shunned the shopping cart. While I only purchased three things and they were quite managable to simply carry, I did
eventually realize the error in my shopping cart boycott. GLITTER. I found a Christmas decoration that was begging to be purchased...simply could not pass him up. I mean, just look at him. And he has a spring inside, so he just bobbles around. Only, he is covered entirely with glitter. So, this means that I was covered entirely in glitter, except I was unaware that I was covered entirely in glitter. That is until I got to the checkout and the lady said, "Oh, honey, you have glitter all over your face."

Lesson #1 from HOLIDAY THAT MOM:
Do not go Christmas shopping. If you must go Christmas shopping, do not pass up the shopping cart. If you are so brazen to pass up the shopping cart, do not purchase glittery objects. If you must go Christmas shopping, snub the shopping cart and have to buy the shiny stuff, please remember my tale of woe and use extreme caution. Protective coverings are strongly encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment