Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mountain...Get Out of My Way

Maybe about 3 people reading this might recall that quote. Somehow Gainesville ISD booked Montel Williams for a motivational speech. It was surely before he had become a recoginizable name or else they could not have afforded his fee. But they milked it and played that quote over the morning announcement for years.






That was what I was thinking when we began the de-papering process after we finished painting. Because after we took down the paper, a mountain is what we had.


So, how do I make said mountain get out of my way? Enlist the help of free labor that doesn't know any better.OK...they can move it? But to where? I want to do the socially conscious thing of recycling it, but I'm not about to bag this into 400 recycling bags, so I should take it down the street to the school's recycling bin. Load 'er up girls.


It only took three trips, loaded completely from floor to ceiling with just barely enough room for me and the girls to get that mountain moved. And it filled up two full recycling dumpsters!!

1 comment: