(disclaimer, this incident happened several weeks ago...but with all of the craziness {even for us} I'm just getting it posted)
Dylan moved to a new school this year. And just so that people know right off the bat who they are dealing with, we had to make our presence known. On the third day of school, Dylan gets sick right in the middle of her classroom. I believe this is about #3 on the list of how to win friends and influence people. While that doesn't necessarily classify this as a "THAT MOM" episode...the rest of the story is...I put my cell phone on the counter at home while Micah was getting sick, but we had to meet my mom to do a dog handoff, so I made her carry a bucket with us. Meanwhile, the school has been trying to call repeatedly. Then they call Keith, who also tries to call me repeatedly. When I finally meet my mom, she says, "You forgot your phone didn't you?" "Yes, were you trying to call me because I was running late." "No, but Keith called me because he couldn't reach you." I tell him to tell the school that I'm on my way...but it will be about 45 minutes because I was in Denton." So probably after an hour in the nurses office (and I'm sure the office making all kinds of judgements), I arrive at the school. Dylan is now the throw-up kid and I am THAT MOM in the eyes of the office.
Oh, but the story doesn't end there folks. Because I had an appointment with the countertop guy, so I had to drag two sick kids in the car (with a bucket) for 40 minutes to make our selection. This was also the week we were moving out of the house and closing. I had to keep packing and moving because we were on a deadling. I would go to one house and get them situated on a couch, pack several boxes, load them back up in the car to haul our stuff to the other house. Back and forth, back and forth.
I believe I have said this before, they drew the short straw on a compassionate mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment