Wednesday, March 16, 2011

THAT MOM...020

Dylan's birthday was a few weeks ago. She requested a cookie cake. I knew something was going to be wrong when they asked what I wanted written on it. I said how about since we are doing a "Hollywood" birthday, you put a star in the middle of it. He said, "what does that look like?" I said, "kind of like a star." He said, " ". I said, "Would you like me to draw it for you?" So I did, and I thought, maybe I will put her age in the center of the star. Sounds great. When I picked up the cake, it was not of the highest artistic quality, and the 6 wasn't IN the star, but it is good enough. It wasn't at this point that I realized something was awry. That moment came when I started putting the candles on the cake. See if you can spot the problem. (you can scroll down to see the answer).







That's right...a number 6 written on the cake and 7 candles. She was turning 7. We scraped off the 6 and served it right up (but not before I snapped this picture). She never knew the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment