Classic THAT MOM tonight. I was up in the attic last week and I "saw" our Elf on the Shelf...Jofe. Mental note. I know where he is so when he needs to appear, we will be ready. The last week the girls have been reading the book every night before bed. In the book it says that Jofe joined our family on December 1, 2010, so I said, I bet that means he will come back on Dec. 1 this year. OK...it is about 10:30 on November 30. Keith has pulled everything out of the attic. We have been building up that EOTS all week. Now....where is he? Must be in his box that I saw.

Oh, wait. That would have been too easy.

On the .00000001% chance the girls would climb into the attic, search through the tubs and open that box. No, we are much more crafty. We would have hidden it in a very strategic location--one that only we would look. BUT WE CAN'T FIND THAT STRATEGIC LOCATION!!! We dumped every bag, every tub. I thought, maybe we were trying to be super secretive and hid it NOT with Christmas. Well, we still have 4000 boxes everywhere from the move. There is NO telling where that would be. Oh....what about in the fire safe! That is a great hiding spot. Wait, where did we hide the key for the fire safe?!?! DANG IT! Just when I'm about to start trying to find a 24hour store that sells EOTS, Keith found it. And it was an exceptional hiding place. Jofe was inside a tin that was nested within another tin.

So on the .00000001% chance that the girls sneak into the attic and look through the christmas stuff, they would never look inside that tin. BUT...just in case they did (.00000000001%), they would NEVER look inside the second tin. AND WE ALMOST DIDN'T EITHER.
He is now Mission Impossibled from the fan just waiting to be discovered.
Great hiding place, Jofe. Try not to be so clever next year.
If I woke up to an elf dangling from my ceiling fan, said elf would not exist after I stopped screaming. You MUST tell us what happened when they woke up to this!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny! I agree with Mindy, I want to hear what happened when the girls woke up. To me, that elf if freak-bro
ReplyDelete