Thursday, September 16, 2010

THAT MOM...009

I am extemely pleased to report that I am NOT THAT MOM that fell asleep in the carpool line today at school!!! I generally park my car and walk up to pick up Dylan once her class is dismissed outside so I had ringside seats to the action. The sleeping mom was in the pick-up line (intermittant stops, but you must remain in your vehicle and move forward as the line permits). She had not moved forward into the open spot (apparently that is an unpardonable sin...I don't know, I'm new to this), so the crossing guard tries to get her attention to pull forward. Alas, she is asleep. The crossing guard knocks a bit harder. Then a lot harder. Meanwhile all the parents are now watching this. My friend says, "That lady always falls asleep in line!" A dad walks over to the car and starts pounding on the hood. Still to no avail. By now, school is dismissed and her son is at the car. He starts banging on the passenger window and screaming, "MOM, wake up!!!" Poor little kid. I know he is so embarassed. I looked away at some point and when I looked back, she was awake. However, she was just sitting inside looking confused--and her son was still on the outside of the car. I don't know if she was just disoriented, trying to pretend nothing happened, or punishing him for making a scene. Whatever the case...what in the world lady? A side note...the carpool at this school is generally quick and painless--10-15 minutes tops, not the kind where a coma-like sleep is an expected encounter.

1 comment:

  1. Might want to bring a breathalyzer to the car pool line. And yes, I had to look up how to spell that. So glad Preston rides the bus now. Well, unless he forgets to get off at his stop and gives me a heart attack. Even that's less stressful than the carpool line.

    ReplyDelete