Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pantry

OK.  So you ask, after all of that, why would you even care about the pantry.  Because people it was bad.  And if everything else is fabulous.  Why not do that one last thing.  It had these really thick shelves (more on those later) that were all the wrong height.  Nothing fit properly...boxes had to lay on their sides, the only space was on the floor or on the top shelf that I couldn't reach anyway.  They were stained with things I don't even want to venture a guess.  We had credit at Container Store, so why not.  So one Saturday, Keith says, I'm ripping out the shelves today.
OK...it's go time. 
 See how yucky these shelves are?  And really what is going to fit on those shelves?   Can I tell you how much he loves that Gorilla Bar and tearing stuff up?  Anyway, in about an hour, his job was done. 
Then I Kilzed it.  Of course, we needed some fresh color in there, if we are going to do it, let's jazz it up.  There was still some paint left over from the upstairs bath.  And wouldn't it be cute with some fun pops of interest.  Stencils.  As you can also see here, I had already painted the doors with chalkboard paint.  Can you also see that on my grocery list is blue tape?  How is it even possible that I would ever need to buy blue tape again?

Then Keith gets to get all of the new shelves in. 

Finally, load it back up.  See, isn't that better?

2 comments:

  1. That is the most glamorous pantry I've ever seen! I felt like I did a make-over in mine when I used chocolate brown shelf liner, but this is spectacular! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue tape is kind of like white socks -- you can never have enough. They don't seem essential, but don't take them for granted or they will not be there when you need them!

    ReplyDelete