Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Love Seat


This is our love seat and I suppose it is appropriately named.

Back eons ago, there was a girl named Tracie and a boy named Keith. They worked in a call center at the Annuity Board (now it is named Guidestone because Baptists love to change the names of things). In a call center you don't really have a lot of time for chit chat except for the people right around you. Keith sat on the opposite side of the room from me. However we were on the same lunch schedule, so we got to know each other a little bit. Before this time I really only knew him as the guy who brought his lunch in a batman lunch box (he was 25) and played a nerf basketball game between calls...WEIRDO. A funny thing happened...at lunch, he was the only one laughing at my jokes. And I was the only one laughing at his. I suppose a bizarre sense of humor brought us together.

We also had this crazy technology at the AB called GMAIL. It was an internal email before the internet was so commonplace (yes I am THAT old, I really prefer to think of it as that technology has just really improved quite rapidly in the last several years). Anyway, one day between calls, we were sending GMAILS to each other. He found out that after work I was planning to go furniture shopping because I was a recent college graduate with zero furniture. Welllllll, it just so happened that in high school, he worked at a furniture store, so he was some sort of "expert". He asked if I needed some assistance. But of course I did! He went with me, and then afterward we went to dinner together. I think at that point, even though we weren't even dating yet, we knew that we were supposed to be together.

This love seat was the furniture piece that I selected (I think he was more there for the thrills than actually helping make decisions). Nevertheless, this was I suppose our first furniture purchase even though I was the one that paid for it.

We still have it. It has gone in and out of favor through the years. First it was liked because it was new and clean. Then out because it was really not that comfortable. In because while I was pregnant, I couldn't get out of the soft and gushy couch. Out because it was starting to wear. In because it was closer to the TV and I couldn't see as far as I used to. Out because we changed furniture schemes. In because it was moved to the man room. It actually sees more action now than ever before--between Keith's video games and family movies and when the dogs go back there to hide from the craziness in the main part of the house. I thing the love seat is loving it--that is what it does best after all.

2 comments:

  1. Back eons ago, there was a girl named Tracie and a boy named Keith.

    When the title is "Love Seat", I was afraid where this was going to go. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest story - you two are adorable.

    ReplyDelete