Yes I am "THAT MOM".
You know the one that sometimes realizes it is just not worth the battle, lets her kids wear "their choice", lets natural consequences occur, lives in the moment, forgets about the mess.
I often find myself in situations where I feel like the entire store is looking at us saying, "Bless her heart, her kid's shoes are on the wrong feet. That is going to scar that sweet child forever." Meanwhile I'm thinking, "She did it herself and I'm not going to undo their accomplishment. AND If it is not bothering them; it is not bothering me. At least they have shoes on...I'm not one of THOSE MOMS."
This will obviously be an ongoing series because I have lots of material. I have to start somewhere so I suppose we will go with
THAT MOM...001
This week the girls were at gymnastics camp. One particular day, I needed to go to Target right after picking them up. (Note, the SMART MOM would have gone while they were at camp so that she could shop alone and not try to wrangle a 3 and 6 year old at Target at 5:00pm after 4 hours of gymnastics camp...I'm not a SMART MOM, remember, I am THAT MOM). Did I bring alternate outfits? No (not SMART). So they went in leotards. Only, that wasn't entirely what puts me into THAT MOM category today. Sometime at camp, Micah had decided that her tag bothered her, so she turned her leotard inside out. This is where I cross over the line from NORMAL MOM to THAT MOM. I didn't change it. It basically looks the same on the inside except for the seams and the tag, right? Surely this isn't a life altering event.
Love it. Join the club. I too am THAT MOM. My children are frequently seen out and about in shoes on the wrong feet, or wearing crazy mismatched socks, or some completely random assortment of clothes that might make one go blind if stared at too long.
ReplyDeleteThose are the battles that I don't choose to fight. I save that for more important things!