Saturday, July 17, 2010

White Pants

Oh white pants, why do I even try. It is a double edged sword here...first you have me-clumsy, disaster-prone me. Also, I have a three year old and a six year old--not that I can blame either of the following incidents on them. You would think I would know better than to try to wear white pants. But I am stubborn (stupid) and I will contine to do things that are against better judgement because I just want to, that's why.

Tonight I was going to a wedding shower for my good friends Lori and David (congratulations, sweet friends). I had it in my mind that I wanted to wear a pair of white pants. My first mistake was that I got dressed way too early. This is a serious error, and I should have known better. When you are me, you have to know that you must wait until you are just about to walk out the front door. I don't know how I accomplished it, but I got a big drop of mascara on the KNEE. How? How does mascara end up on the knee? I don't know, but it did, OK. And I probably would have just worn it and played it off with the, "What? I certainly didn't see that before I left the house? I would have changed first" lines. But then I noticed a smudge on the other knee!! I promise they were clean when I put them on. I did a twirl, even! There was no way I could justify two stained knees.

White pants number two (WP#2). I don't know what is worse...that I have a pair of white pants or that I have brought on twice the heartache by owning two pair.

After I make the call that WP#1 were too grungy, I selected WP#2 because I already had the whole outfit picked out. I double-checked to make sure they were perfectly clean. Yes! Dressed and ready, we just need to get a quick dinner before we head out of the door. Uh-oh! Micah would like a PB&J. Easy enough. I head to the pantry and grab the peanut butter. Apparently I had not secured the lid tightly when I put it away the last time. And of course I had picked it up by the lid. So the jar falls to the floor, bounces and sends a big glob on the floor and one on my pants. NOOOOOOOO!! Didn't they hear that I had the outfit selection established?

Luckily the peanut butter landed right on the hemline. I wiped it off and wore them anyway. It was already too late in the game to start over with outfits. And no one at the shower even noticed!

(Side Note: WP#1 suffered a run-in earlier in the year with a very greasy Taco Casa taco. See a pattern?)

1 comment:

  1. I keep my white below the waist wears on hangers in the closet and change right before walking out the door. But as you mentioned, as fate has it for us mommy white pant and skirt wearers, stains seem to flock to our clothes. At least we always have a toddler scapegoat to excuse any messes we gain throughout the day- even if the kiddos were not around at the time. -Amanda

    ReplyDelete