Sunday, October 24, 2010

THAT MOM...012

Today THAT MOM and her brood was headed to a birthday party. The party was slated to begin at 4:00. We were at the check out at Target purchasing the gift at 3:58.
I do have a stock pile of gift bags and tissue paper, so before rushing out of the door to Target, I grabbed some supplies. What I did not consider during the gift selection process was the size of the gift compared to the gift bag that was awaiting its package. In the car, with -3 minutes to spare, I discover that there might be a problem. Everything gets lined up and begin to slide it in the bag. That is when I hear the initial ripping sound. Oh, no...that gift is going to fit into the bag, dang it, if it is the last thing I do!! I slow down hoping that will help the bag not tear completely in half. It worked. The problem now was the fact that the gift occupied the entire bag and was sticking out of the end about four inches. I have these two pieces of tissue paper. Despite the fact that there is no room left in the bag, I am able to cram one down each side (even though one of the sides is torn to about halfway down). It was a miracle. The tissue was little more than an obligitory part of the gift bag duo because it was not serving the purpose of disguising the gift inside nor looking at all festive. If there was an award for the worst wrapped gift in all the world, this gift would win without a doubt. Thankfully, 4 year old boys are not harsh critics on gift wrap technique. Happy Birthday Stetson.

1 comment:

  1. Tracie you never cease to make me laugh out loud! Laughing mostly because I can so TOTALLY relate!

    ReplyDelete