Wednesday, July 20, 2011

THAT MOM...027

Or probably better titled...Let the Creative Juices Flow--Just Don't Stain the Sheets

Miraculously, at bedtime, my children become master artist. Nightly requests of crayons, paper, scissors are made. By morning, I am presented with mounds of "creations". Dylan likes to design dresses for her future fashion line. Micah's art is a bit more abstract and usually involves coloring at least one appendage.
Extra equipment in the form of markers, twine and a hole punch were requested tonight. So many paper holes are littering the floor. I asked Dylan if she would be the one to vacuum in the morning. "Nope." "Then will you be the one picking them up by hand." "Nope." "Well it is one or the other." "Mom, Micah will do it." Ahhh...playing the little sister card.

A shot of their workshop. Please note that they did not take me up on the laundry option. I take that back. They did hang one stack, but then proceeded to create a few more masterpieces.


After this encounter*, I declared, "I don't want to see either of you until tomorrow morning"


A few moments later, I hear Micah going after some tape. "What are you doing up?" "Dylan said to hang up this sign." (Sending the minion to do the dirty work again)
Sign posted on the girl's door..."Can I paint a little bit? If I can't, then I will move away from this town. I will go to Mimi & Gaa" (grandparents).


Life with an artist. You better watch out...I'll take you up on that offer.


*They had gotten up several times already under the guise of needing a drink, more paper, to ask if we could paint the bed frame (yes...but not tonight), etc. I sent them back to bed with laundry to put on hangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment