We obviously need an upgrade on our garden gate. It is worn out, chewed up. On the other side one board was painted pink. I wanted an old rusty iron gate. My parents were on the hunt along with their antiquing friends.
And they found one! It was a perfect fit. It is also useful that my dad knows a thing or two about metal. He just whipped up some hinges, a latch, and a way to attach it to the post. Then one afternoon brought a welder over and he and Keith had a bonding experience. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of that!
Here is the new gate. So cute. There were even some extra panels with that sunburst pattern that I will be using elsewhere.
Here is the new gate. So cute. There were even some extra panels with that sunburst pattern that I will be using elsewhere.
Your Dad knows a thing or two about metal, huh? That's funny :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I LOVE THIS!!!
ReplyDelete