Today at THAT MOM's house, we dyed Easter eggs. Because we are on the spend $0 budget right now, I looked in the holiday bucket and what do you know, there was an egg coloring kit in there. Yippee!! In fact it was the "Roll n' Color" kit. How hip does that sound?
I started to read some of the fine print. "Young children should be supervised since this is a dye process and may stain." Sure, that sounds like a logical request.
Then I read the next statement..."Due to the nature of this water based product, some evaporation may occur over time. Therefore do not purchase after June 2001." WHAT?!?!?! Are you telling me that I have been harboring an egg dying kit for 10 years? Why on earth would I have even bought an egg dying kit then...my first child was born in 2004. I can't imagine I would have bought this and thought, "You know, Keith would really enjoy an evening of "rockin and rollin" some Easter eggs...I think I must purchase this." There were some other context clues on the packaging that suggests that I did purchase this product a decade ago. In small print on the price tag was "Feb 2001". Also, the price tag was from MJ Designs. I looked it up...the company filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy on December 13, 2002, and went out of business in May 2003.
Folks, I think I have some issues with holiday hoarding (you should see my stock of the yard inflatables and dancing santas)...I might need to do a purge around here.
P.S. To answer your question...yes we did proceed with the egg coloring. I'm not letting a little thing like that hold us back. I laugh in the face of expiration dates.
Nice. Sometime we should chat about some of the things I found during my recent pantry clean out.
ReplyDelete