I heard Micah milling around in the bedroom just a little while ago. I went in to find out why she was out of bed and discovered that somehow she had ripped off about half of her big toenail. She said, "It turned red (bleeding)" and she was looking for scissors to cut the piece away herself. She wasn't whining, crying or even coming to us for help or sympathy...just "it turned red"...matter of factly.
This is what happened when I saw her toenail. "Oh, no, Micah. Ummmm...ummm....let's go get daddy. Keith...I need you...NOW!" While he was fixing it, I was trying not to make eye contact with the blood.
If I was the one with the injury, you can rest assured, the entire block would know immediately because of the screaming. Then all friends, relatives and cohorts would soon read about it on facebook or here pretty soon after. I am by no means what one might call "tough".
I'm so glad I could be the rock she leans on for support and encouragement during her time of need.
No comments:
Post a Comment