Monday, January 30, 2012

THAT MOM...035

A few days ago, Micah was tasked with bringing an item for show and tell based on their "letter of the week". Now, we are into the second semester of school and this is a weekly assignment, so you would think that this shouldn't catch me off-guard EVERY time. We are on the letter "O" for goodness sake.
So that morning, we remember. What starts with O, what starts with O, what starts with O. Being the efficient multi-tasking mother and planner, I'm trying to make a lunch while helping to find something that begins with O. And ahhhh, there it is right in front of me. An ONION. Perfect. Micah even noticed (because it was cut in half) that there were lots of Os in concentric rings (concentric rings were not her words...she is only 4). Perfect. Lunch fixed, show and tell packed.
What we discovered when we got to school was that maybe an onion is not quite the perfect item for show and tell, because her bag was reeking. Sorry teachers!

But, as is generally the case with THAT MOM. The story doesn't end there. This event took place on a Friday. I am in a pretty bad habit of not cleaning out bags until the morning of. Judge me if you must. Well, I was especially lazy because we didn't even bring the bag in from the car. So that is a whole weekend of the onion being in her bag, in my car. I wish I could tell you that the foul odor in my car was from the onion, but I expect it is from a host of other culprits and strata of filth (shoes, snack crumbs, nature items, and who knows what else). OK...so back to the lazy leaving the bag in the car bit. That Monday came around and I packed a lunch and just added it to her school bag. Sorry teachers!

So now it is Wednesday morning and I am finally going through the bag. Oh, look there is her lunch bag from Friday and Monday. OHHHHH and that onion! Sorry for being disgusting teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment