Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hi-yah!

For two years Dylan has been talking pretty consistantly about taking a karate class. There is one at our local rec center that starts at age 6. So she is finally old enough for the class. For her 6th birthday, her grandparents paid for a series of classes and her gi (outfit). I watched her first class and she seemed to be enjoying it. Afterward I asked if she liked it. Her response was, "I guess it was fun, but there was too much bowing and we didn't get to break any wood."

I knew it...for her, karate was all about the outfit and breaking wood.

A couple of weeks into it and she is having a good time but asked me again today when they are going to break some wood. I wonder what she plans to do with this skill once acquired.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't change as they get older. Courtney is into her 3rd series of 8 week ice skating lessons - and she is still harboring the hope that tomorrow she will wake up with the skills of an Olympian. Hopefully the gi will keep her enticed enough to stick with it for at least a couple of series of lessons!

    ReplyDelete