Lately, my 6 year-old is having trouble falling to sleep at night. She is getting into this habit of getting up and sneaking around the house. One night, Keith and I were in the movie room watching something. We pause for a snack and I asked him to check to make sure she was sleeping. He said, "Well, she's not in her bed." So I walk down the all to the living room and she is watching television. I was nervous because it was around 10pm, so I was thinking she had been watching some show that was inappropriate for her age. I said, "Dylan, what are you doing?" "Just watching TV" "The news?" "No, it was a funny show, actually. This man was talking and everyone kept laughing at whatever he said." The Jay Leno show--just as I suspected...inappropriate for ALL and now I might have lost respect for her sense of humor.
Well, this week she came creeping in to the room I was in and announced that she couldn't sleep. "Can I sleep in your bed?" "No" "Why not." "Because I said so that's why (that always seemed to work for my parents)." "But your bed is so soft." "Why can't you sleep?" "My bed is too hard." Then her eyes light up and a smile stretches across her face..."You know what I need? A Sleep Number Bed!!" Too many infomercials for that gal.
Ha, yes. Sarah has sleep issues too - although they are finally easing a bit. Two summers ago she spent one night screaming and kicking her door for 3 hours and then every night after that crying pitifully and then making herself a pallet on a quilt on the floor as close to her bedroom door as she could get. But the other day she too told me she needed a new bed. However, she wants hers to be a Tempurpedic Foam bed because you can jump on them and not spill a glass of wine. Not sure why she thinks she would have a glass of wine or any other liquid balancing on her bed. But that's the current sleep wish list at our house. Maybe they can bunk together in college!
ReplyDeleteThat's greatness. Have you priced those suckers lately?? No way man.
ReplyDeleteLoved the part about losing respect for her sense of humor .
Two words: Liquid Leather.
ReplyDeleteTouche Mindy!
ReplyDelete