
Nauseating Turbo Snake commercial:
And when was the last time you thought it appetizing to find a hair in your meal?
See what I mean? And I think it goes double for nails. I have been fleshing out this theory for some time, but it really struck me (literally) this weekend.
I was trimming the girls' nails when all of a sudden, I was hit with shrapnel..directly in my eye. Aside from the pure ickiness, my eyeball was being scratched with every blink. Now begins the hilarity. I present Keith with my issue. He goes into full-on fix-it mode and breaks out all of his tools, because of course he has just the right tools for the job. Bottle of saline...check. Cotton balls...check. Headlamp...check. Yes I just said headlamp (think spelunker). He is standing over me with his headlamp shining into my eye searching for a white nail on a white eyeball. Then he drenches my eye with the saline. Not being a contact wearer, I don't often feel this sensation. So I jump and flail and feel as if I'm drowning. This pattern is repeated a couple of times until it is moved into a place that is not as painful, but not removed.
A few hours later, without theatrics, the offending object feels its work was done and departs voluntarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment