Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Slurpee!

Oh, today was the perfect day for a slurpee.



Hot! And the girls had their outdoor fun day at school, so they were hot and tired. I guess we weren't the only one with that idea. The line was long, filled with lots of adolescents needing a taste of that sweet nectar. Pushing and waiting and watching the icy goodness just churning within the machine, with each passing moment longing for that chilly refreshment.

Finally it was our turn, but a tween with her medium cup kept trying to elbow her way in. But she was not to come out the victor today. My girls needed to be quenched! So we obtain our small cup. Entice Micah to remove herself from the floor and stop putting her new found treasures near her mouth. Remove the lid from its storage. (Sidenote...have you ever noticed that all the lids are on a metal rod with rubberbands on the end. I know it is to keep the lids from sliding off and spilling onto the floor. But really, you have thousands of stores and you haven't invented some kind of stopper other than rubber bands?). Place the lid onto the cup and begin the flavor concoctions. (Sidenote #2...7-Eleven, you invented the Slurpee, the spoon straw (don't know if it is your invention or not, but it is pretty genious) is great. Can we not come up with a lid that fits the slurpee cups. I can never get a good seal and they pop off either during the filling or immediately after I pull out of the parking lot and my 2 year old is covered in a slurp-tastic mess.) Micah is simple...coke and cherry. Besides the fact that the coke was having consistency issues. Her order was complete. Dylan opted for the rainbow. I'm not even sure of the flavors, but she chose five different selections. I know there was an mango, raspberry, Dr. Pepper. After than I tried to ignore the nauseous feelings. I went with the 100% cherry route.

At last our Slurpee adventure was over...or was it just beginning. Ah, the refreshing first sip. Oh, no!! BRAINFREEZE!

1 comment:

  1. Pushy teens make me crazy. Slurpees make me happy. No 7-11 in sight around here so we opt for the Sonic slushie. Had one today. Can't wait to hear about your trip. I'm certain there was blog material involved.

    ReplyDelete