Friday, June 25, 2010

VACATION-Day 1

We have been home from our vacation to Colorado Springs for over a week now and I still haven't written about it. I don't know if I'm trying to come up with the perfect witty blog entry or blocking things out. Seriously, it was a fun vacation. My in-laws were celebrating their 40th anniversary. They wanted to celebrate with their children and their families. So being a part of that family I was in on the vacation. Score!
Our family drove to Amarillo. Now I know this is weird, but this is the life of someone spoiled by free airfare (thank you Southwest Airlines). My children have never driven to Amarillo to visit their grandparents. We always fly. So a roadtrip over 1 hour is new. We stockpiled snacks, borrowed a DVD player, got a lot of car crafts, was on ready-alert with some Benedryl (or a mallet). We spent the night with Keith's parents and then all of us (Car 1...Keith's parents, Car 2...Us, Car 3...Keith's brother, sister-in-law and niece) caravanned out from there to Colorado Springs. The caravanning is another story that I will save for another blog (hopefully, if I can get to it).

No comments:

Post a Comment