Monday, March 29, 2010

How you doin?

At the checkout line today, I noticed an interesting mix of impulse-buy items. Aside from the usual medley of candy, gum and US Weekly-esque magazines was a separate stand. Its contents were comprised of...Axe Body Spray, Great Lash Mascara, Colgate Wisps, and some Blistex. Exactly what is going on in this EXPRESS LANE (mind you) that would demand the impulse purchase of these particular items?
(To be read in 78 speed...sorry for those who might be unfamiliar with that reference. You might want to look it up)
"Hi, I'm Albert."
"Hello, I'm Pam."
"I see you are purchasing some SpaghettiOs"
"Why, yes I am. It looks like you also like pasta in a mild, delicious tomato and cheese sauce"
"I do."
Albert notices the Axe Body Spray and says to the cashier..."Excuse me, Sylvia, is it? Do you mind if I apply this here in line?"
Sylvia glances over her bifocals and gives a questionably approving grunt.
"Albert, I hope you don't mind, I feel a sudden need to purchase a few items but it will put me over the 15 itme limit. Sylvia, could you add this Blistex and Great Lash mascara to my items?"
"Grunt"
"Thanks. (to Albert) It was nice to meet you."
"Say, it seems a shame to open two cans of SpaghettiOs when we could simply...share them."
"I see your point. And my don't you smell compelling?"
"Um, Sylvia...you might throw in these Colgate Wisps...sure is convenient they come in a dual pack."
Sylvia..."You just saved 28 cents using your reward card. Thank you for shopping at Kroger."

No comments:

Post a Comment