This is the world we have created...
A few weeks back I took #2 to "THE PLAY AREA". This is a safe environment we take our children to. Safely enclosed inside a mall so as to not expose them to heat, cold or other atmospheric conditions. It is a themed area (in this case jungle) with styrofoam structures that look a little bit like the real thing only with a friendly smile. All on a cushioned carpet with a nice sitting area for the parents. Don't get me wrong, we like going to "the play area", but sometimes I feel like it is a little contrived.
This particular day however, did not prove to be as safe as advertised according to one mom. You can make it as padded as you want, but you can't change children's natural behavior. What I witnessed was a child around the age of 4 and another around age 2. I didn't see the start of their encounter, but I did see the 2 year old whack the 4 year old. This is not necessarily the behavior you desire from a child, but it is pretty typical and does not make the child especially violent or ill-willed. The reason I bring this all up is because of what happened next. The 4 year old begins to cry. Then in comes mama who jumps all over the 2 year old (who couldn't have cared less). Then she spent the rest of the time angrily looking around for the mother of this bad-seed of a child. Lady...you are doing your kid no favor. He is going to be a pansy forever if you don't let him stand up for himself.
Go get your squirt from hand sanitizer station and move on lady...this place is a jungle.
No comments:
Post a Comment